The freelancing industry is truly thriving in Pakistan from last few years due to the arrival of the latest internet technologies in the country. In order to facilitate and encourage the youth of the country, Government of Punjab and Government of Pakistan (GOP) has successfully launched “e-Rozgaar” and “DigiSkills” initiatives as well.
Whereas, international payment giants like “Payoneer” has further paved ways towards robust online earning opportunities with its launch in Pakistan.
That’s why we felt the need to help our readers by sharing a complete guide on “How to Use Payoneer in Pakistan.” Read this detailed article on “Payoneer Pakistan Guide” as it will try to cover all important information related to:
- How to create Payoneer account or Payoneer login
- Payoneer MasterCard details
- Payoneer Fees plan
Payoneer was founded back in 2005 in New York with an aim to connect businesses, countries, professionals, and currencies by facilitating the cross-border payments.
Today it is used in 200+ countries of the world in which thousands of leading organizations and individuals are relying on Payoneer’s payment system. With Payoneer’s easy, fast and secure solutions, professionals and businesses can now work across continents and earn well.
Source: Payoneer Website
Who can Use Payoneer?
If you are any of the following then Payoneer is the best option for you to register and take full advantage of it:
- E-commerce store owner
- Affiliate Marketer
- Publisher or an Advertiser with any Ad Networks
- Working with any international company or individual client
International Companies that Support Payoneer:
As discussed above, around thousands of leading international companies uses Payoneer; only few famous platforms include:
- Payoneer Affiliate Program
- Template Monster Affiliate
- GetResponse Affiliate
Apply for your Payoneer account today and work with these companies while sitting in Pakistan and build an impressive portfolio. How to Create a Payoneer Account? Now let’s start with Payoneer sign up process stepwise; we will help you in creating a Payoneer account in Pakistan in just 20 minutes. Follow these steps to get register with Payoneer:
- Visit: Payoneer Registration Page
- Click on Sign up tab
- A detailed “sign up” form will appear on the screen. Select accordingly if you are an individual or company. Fill in your:
- Email address on which the pyoneer officials will communicate with you
- Date of birth
4. You will proceed to the “Contact Details” window. Fill in:
- City name
- Postal zip code
- Enter your phone number
5. The next form will ask you about “Security Details.” Enter:
- Security question (along with its answer that will help you in future in case you forget your password)
- Issuing country of ID
- National ID Card number
6. Now you are done with 90% process of account creation. Please fill in:
- Bank country for personal or company account
- Currency (PKR for Pakistan)
- Bank name
- Account name
- IBAN (IBAN can be created from your internet banking portal or you can call your bank to get it)
7. Congratulations you have completed all steps for account registration. You will receive a confirmation email once your entered details are reviewed and approved by the Payoneer team.
How to Withdraw Payoneer Money to Local Bank in Pakistan?
After knowing how to create a Payoneer account, the next step is to know how to withdraw money from it. It is very easy to add your bank account in your Payoneer dashboard, and when approved, you’ll be able to make withdrawals to your bank. You can add up a total of three bank accounts to your Payoneer dashboard.
In order to add a bank account, simply follow these steps:
- Enter your Payoneer sign in details, and see the option “Withdraw” in the top menu, mouse over that and you’ll see “to bank account”
- Click that “to bank account” option and you will see the following page:
- Just click “+ADD NEW”, and the following screen will appear in front of you:
- Here on the above page, you need to enter your Payoneer account information for security reasons.
- Then click the “Next” button. You should be able to see the following page for adding your bank account:
- Add your correct bank account details in this form, don’t make mistakes as that can lead your bank account to be disapproved by Payoneer team, or you may not receive the money.
In order to further understand this process, please watch the video tutorial:
After watching the tutorial, now you can start withdrawing money from Payoneer account to your local Pakistani bank account.
Note: The withdrawal is free, but there will be a fee related to the conversion rate, and that might be between 2% to 3%.
How to Get Payoneer MasterCard (ATM Card) In Pakistan?
Once the Payoneer account is approved then log in to your account and click on “Order Card” option from the top right corner.
Initially, you need to receive a minimum $30 in your account only then you can get your card. This message will appear on your screen if you haven’t received any payment in your account
Once you get your card, it can be used to withdraw Payoneer fund via any ATM across Pakistan and worldwide as well.
How to activate Payoneer card?
You can activate very easily your “Payoneer Prepaid Card” online. Follow these steps to activate it:
- Sign in to your Payoneer here account
- Go to Settings, click on “Card Management.”
- Locate the prepaid card you need to activate and click on ACTIVATE.
- Then follow on-screen instructions in order to activate your card.
Payoneer account is free, you can order MasterCard for free but there are yearly recurring fees for using its services. These charges are deducted on a yearly basis. Currently, the annual “Payoneer Fee” is $29.95.
It is important to understand that Payoneer activates your account for free, once you receive $30 in your account only then they will ship your card to your address. Users can receive their payments right after signup and activation of their accounts.
International Payment Requests using Payoneer
Looking to invoice your clients or even request an international payment? Don’t worry. With Payoneer, everything is possible. Payoneer let you help with almost every kind of payment solution. Just enter the details of your payment request and Payoneer will provide your clients with all the required information they need to pay you.
Also, sign in your Payoneer account and click “Pay,” from here you can also make payments.
Pay your Online Shopping Bills with Payoneer MasterCard
Another interesting feature of Payoneer MasterCard is that just like other credit cards you can also pay your bills with it. Various e-Commerce stores and platforms like AliExpress, Amazon, eBay, etc. accepts Payoneer Card. The following details will help you in understanding how to pay your bills of online shopping with Payoneer card.
How to Buy from AliExpress using Payoneer MasterCard?
Enjoy shopping on AliExpress and pay your bills with MasterCard. All you need to do is to:
- In the payment section, select “pay using a different card.”
- Enter all required details of under the MasterCard option. These card details will be stored with AliPay for future shopping.
- The final step is to “proceed to make payment.”
You will not be charged any extra amount as Payoneer doesn’t charge for the online POS transactions.
Payoneer gives almost the same options to buy your bills just like a credit card works. Payoneer MasterCard is accepted anywhere. You can use it while buying anything from:
- Amazon or any other online store
- Even it can be used in any shopping mall in Pakistan
- You can even withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide
- In Pakistan, only a few banks ATMs allows Payoneer MasterCard cash withdrawal
How to use Payoneer MasterCard to purchase hosting and domains:
If you are interested in buying a domain and hosting from any international service provider but don’t have a credit card, then don’t worry there is an alternative. If you are a Payoneer card user you can easily pay the service fee while using ‘Payoneer MasterCard.” Here is how Payoneer card can help you in buying a domain and hosting:
GoDaddy accepts Payoneer MasterCard. Payoneer Card is easily accepted at GoDaddy but only if you buy products at regular prices. If you are using any coupon for discounts then it may give you an error.
- Select the domain name you want to buy
- In the billing section, enter personal details including name, phone number, email address, postal address, zip code, etc.
- In payment types select “Credit Card” (for PayPal or Payoneer users only)
- The last step is to click “Checkout Now”
- Now you are done with the purchase of hosting plan & domain name.
How to Sign Up Payoneer with Local Bank Account:
There is an alternative for those who don’t own bank account on their name but can still use Payoneer for receiving payments. Don’t worry there is an alternative for you, follow these steps:
- Use another marketplace that supports payneer method e.g. Upwork, Fiverr etc. Sign up your account on these platforms.
- From there apply for payoner account and you can enjoy receiving your money without having a local bank account.
Things You Must Know About Payoneer (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is Payoneer Free?
It is important to know that payonner registration is 100% free and the company will not charge a single penny if you keep the account for years. It will only charge you use Payoneer services e.g. ATM withdrawal, receiving payment from marketplaces etc.
Is Local bank account required for Payoneer account creation?
While signing up for Payoneer account every user is supposed to provide “local bank account.” This account must be associated with your own name.
Money withdrawal from Payoneer to local bank:
You can withdraw money from your Payoneer to the local bank account only if you have linked it to your personal bank account. But there certain limit to the amount that one can withdraw via bank account i.e. $50.
Time required for getting approved Payoneer account:
After completing the sign up process it will only take 3-7 days in which Payoneer team will review your details. Interestingly, I got approved my account on same day. It means that you can enjoy account even within 1 day.
How to review payments from other marketplaces i.e. Fiverr etc.?
Payoneer users can easily review their payments from thousands of other marketplaces like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelance.com at as low fees as $2 for 2 days transaction. This is also called “immediate load.”
Can an individual have 2 or more Payoneer accounts?
No, this is not possible. One can only create one official account under his/her name and bank details. This is strictly prohibited by Payoneer team.
Other benefits of Payoneer account:
It also helps in:
- Making payments to other companies world wide
- Sending money to other Payoneer users by using the “Request a Payment” option
Payoneer vs. PayPal in Pakistan?
The almost similar alternative of payoneer for sending or receiving online payment is “PayPal.” These days payoneer paypal is debate within Pakistan as to which platform a freelancer can use. But PayPayl is currently unavailable and users cannot register for PayPal account in Pakistan. That’s where the significance of Payoneer has emerged. It’s the best solution for the freelancers in Pakistan as it can easily help them in receiving money while working on Fiverr, Upwork, etc.
Payoneer in Other Countries
Payoneer is available in 200+ countries of the world and it accepts 150+ currencies worldwide.
Here is the list of only a few countries in which Payoneer works:
The Bottom Line:
No doubt, Payoneer is one of the safest and easiest ways for Pakistan’s freelancers to earn money while working with international companies. It is safe because your money remains secure with them and it is responsive as you can contact the Payoneer customer service any time. Pakistan, being ranked as the 4th most popular country for freelancing industry in 2017 by Oxford Internet Institute (OII), clearly shows that it’s youth has huge potential. Further with the availability of online payment platforms like Payoneer, this industry will witness a huge boom in the coming years. We expect this detailed Payoneer review will provide our users with all important information related to Payoneer. Drop us a comment in case of any further query on the topic.